Jump to navigation Jump to search
Canons of Stall II at Canterbury Cathedral from 1600 to 1845
1577-1614 : John Langworth M.A., also prebendary of Worcester and archdeacon of Wells in 1588 1614-1631 : Richard Hunt D.D. became dean of Durham in 1620; 1631 resigned the Canterbury prebend 1631-1642 : Thomas Blechynden B.D., ejected in 1642 1642-1660 : vacant 1660-1670 : Peter Gunning D.D. became bishop of Chichester in 1669, bishop of Ely in 1674 1670-1672 : John Tillotson D.D. became Dean of Canterbury in 1672 and then Archbishop 1672-1685 : Samuel Parker D.D., previously Archdeacon of Canterbury; bishop of Oxford, 1686; held the Archdeaconry in commendam 1685 : John Bradford D.D. 1685-1692 : John Younger D.D., subsequently prebendary and dean of St Paul's 1692-1696 : John Williams D.D. became bishop of Chichester in 1697 1697-1710 : John Robinson D.D. became dean of Windsor 1703 and bishop of Chichester 1710 1711-1738 : Hon. Edward Finch M.A., also canon residentiary of York 1738-1765 : John Griffith M.A. 1765-1769 : Thomas Dampier D.D. became a canon of Windsor in 1769 and then dean of Durham 1769-1804 : Bennet Storer M.A. 1804-1816 : Hon. Henry Lewis Hobart M.A. 1816-1825 : Hon. Hugh Percy M.A. 1825-1826 : Charles Richard Sumner M.A. 1826-1845 : William Frederick Baylay M.A. 1845 : Stall suspended in accordance with Stat. 3 & 4 Vic. c. 113.
Data from Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1541-1857, volume 3 and from Hasted.